jffs2/nand flash

John Stirling js at reciva.com
Wed Dec 10 05:56:41 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 18:45, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 17:55 +0000, John Stirling wrote:
> > jffs2_flash_writev is called with vecs[0]=68, vecs[1]=489. This only
> > results in one page write even though there is more than 512 bytes of
> > data. It is called from jffs2_full_dnode (in write.c).
> > alloc_mode=ALLOC_GC. Is this expected operation ? It seems to be causing
> > the reported errors.
>
> Yes, it's expected. The remainder should remain in the wbuf, and later
> writes will be appended, before it's flushed. It'll also be flushed if
> appropriate on sync(), fsync(), umount() etc.

ok thanks. Am I right in thinking that fsync should follow fairly soon
after the page write assuming no other page writes follow (2 secs) ?
Doesn't look like it is happening on my system which is probably my
fault..

> > I have some additional errors - see below. 0x4ac400 corresponds to the
> > end of the downloaded jffs2 image (approx 5Mb). The remainder of the
> > partition was filled with 0xff (7Mb). Individual page reads and writes
> > work fine.
>
> Can you read the entire flash back and give me a dump of it?

I'm in the process of dumping out the flash. This will be a fairly large
file (12Mb raw data will result in an uncompressed ascii file of approx
36Mb). Not sure what this will compress down to...