Where are cleanmarker nodes supposed to go on NAND?

Howard, Michael (MED) Michael.Howard at med.ge.com
Mon Dec 8 14:58:07 EST 2003

Hello,

In jffs2_check_nand_cleanmaker() I'm finding that the read_oob() call to to
the flash is going to the wrong spot.  Where are the cleanmarker nodes
supposed to be located?

My NAND flash is organized as:
128k erase block = 2k page + 64 byte OOB + 2k page + 64 byte OOB, etc...

The read_oob() call to the driver is currently trying to get from the OOB
region which I thought was only used for the ECC.  I look at other JFFS2
images and they appear to place the cleanmarker nodes at the beginning of
the 1st page.  Should I be going there to get cleanmarker, badblock and
failure counter?  Or is it all supposed to go into the 64 byte OOB region
between pages?  I'm a little confused, can anybody give me a hint?

Thanks
Mike