DiskOnChip 2000 TSOP bad blocks table

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Dec 3 05:21:45 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-20 at 14:33 -0600, Al Cousson wrote:
> But, the M-Systems utilities are again reporting "Unreadable bad
> blocks table".

Ouch.

> 1.  Is it possible that the INFTL driver is corrupting the bad blocks
>     table?

The INFTL driver completely ignores the bad block table. Running
eraseall wipes the bad block table.

This is a bad thing. I have disabled the support for these devices
until the Bad Block Table is properly handled.

> 2.  Does doc_loadbios need to be updated to work on the DiskOnChip
>     2000 TSOP?

No, the driver needs to be updated to understand and enforce the BBT.

> 3.  Or, did I just get 2 bad DiskOnChips?

No, we broke them by erasing them.

The Bad Block Table is fairly simple. It won't be that hard to implement
proper support for it.

--
dwmw2