Corrupt my NAND flash device, proposed patch

Eugeny Mints eugeny.mints at auriga.ru
Thu Aug 21 04:20:27 EDT 2003

Eugeny Mints wrote:

>Problem 2.

>My board falls in the infinite loop at (!(this->read_byte(mtd) &
0x40)); >even with the latest snapshot 18.08.2003 on RESET command.
Interesting, >that it happens not from the very begging but just when
write_oob has >executed (during eraseall) for about a half of the flash.

>I found that insertion of udelay() before issuing STATUS command helps.
Any >suggestions?

Please, find proposed patch for mtd snapshot 20030818 attached.

>> >However  after applying new MTD release the 2-nd problem still
>> remained.
>> >Then I comment out erase abort in nand_get_chip (as you suggested)
>> >and
>> it
>> >fixes my second problem!
>> >Could you remove this erase abort from MTD source? I think it will
>> >not affect much on efficiency.

>Possibly second Alex's problem may be solved by udelay() also? And
there is >no need to comment out erase abort?

>> My second problem is that system hangs if the device is filled once
>> and an attempt to re-use previously used sectors is made. Comment out

>> erase abort in nand_get_chip fixes my second problem too.

Regards,
 		Eugeny