I have a NOR and NAND flash chips

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Aug 7 06:52:48 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 09:22, Marcos Lois Bermúdez wrote:
> Can i setup mtd to work with both types of memories NOR and NAND, there are
> any example to do this?

Yes. You don't have to do anything special -- just have drivers for any
and all flash devices found in the system. You just have to be aware
that they'll get assigned numbers in the order they get registered,
that's all.

> How i can implement the SmartMedia slot, to allow hot plug of the
> smartmedia cards?

That one's slightly harder. I suppose you just need to redirect all the
read/write/erase functions to something which returns -EIO when it's
hot-unplugged while it's in use.

--
dwmw2