JFFS2 on NAND reboot problems

matsunaga matsunaga_kazuhisa at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Apr 21 12:08:23 EDT 2003

> On Thursday 17 April 2003 18:17, matsunaga wrote:
> > It seems to me that the system was rebooted without wbuf flush.
> > If it is true, another problem I think is that mount process cannot detect
> > the inode inconsistency. This fs should be designed on the premise that
> > power failure happens. The last accessing file do not need to be saved, but
> > fs does.
> > Sorry if this is solved on the latest code
>
> It is designed this way. But we are neither perfect nor can we predict every
> 10e12 possibilities to produce a hidden bug.
>
> I cannot reproduce it here.
> That's why I asked for a bainary Image of the flash content, but I received
> none until now.

To tell the truth, I saw the same BUG() last month, but I had other things to fix and put it aside.
Now it is hard for me to reproduce it, too. I might be solved on the updated code.
Sending binary image could reveal confidential information, so he might hesitate to do it...

> We can only solve problems, which are either reproducable or which can be
> reproduced by some user supplied pattern / image.
>
> We all do our very best to make this code stable and reliable, but we need the
> help from _USERS_ to detect insufficiencies. That's the way open source
> software works. If we don't get the requested feedback / help we can only
> say: You got the code. Feel free to fix it.

I understand. We are all users and not guests.

P.S.
It is trivial, but I think gc.c line 125 ic is not necessary, or the name be changed.