Long JFFS2 Mount time?

Kenneth Johansson kenneth.johansson at etx.ericsson.se
Fri Apr 11 17:04:52 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:49, Marc D'Anjou wrote:

> our log grows, the JFFS mount time appears to be growing quite a bit. It
> went from less than 1 second when we first started, to up to 7 or more
> minutes over days.

> Is there newer JFFS2 software available that minimize this behavior?

I do not know I have never had a problem with long mount times on any of
the versions I used. I did however test 2.4.21-pre6 and creating a file
by appending data (512 bytes/write) did not result in any longer mount
time.

Creating the file on the other hand was not exactly speedy.

--
Kenneth Johansson
Ericsson AB                       Tel: +46 8 719 70 20
126 25 Stockholm                  ken at switchboard.ericsson.se