Is this normal?

Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
Mon Apr 7 23:23:42 EDT 2003

Hello from Gregg C Levine
As the subject says, "Is this normal?". I have a DOC-2000, installed
on an ISA based carrier board. I have also replaced its flakey M-SYS
firmware with the GRUB based one.
Since I have Lilo installed on the drive, as well as a currently
inactive grub, I half expected to see the Lilo multiple kernel boot
prompt. Instead I saw the grub menu that I have placed there. As it
happens I do not have an image placed on the DOC-2000.
Also, when I re-installed the card after removing it, it did the same
thing, and this filesystem is newer then the firmware. (An engineering
casualty occurred, and I needed to reinstall Linux on the drive.)

Now the question remains: Any suggestions, again, for constructing
that image to place on the DOC-2000? And how would I tell the computer
to boot it, or the resident hard drive?
Gregg C Levine hansolofalcon at worldnet.att.net
"Use the Force, Luke."  Obi-Wan Kenobi