Problems making jffs2 utils

John Burch jburch at vincisystems.com
Mon Apr 7 14:50:49 EDT 2003

I'm running into compiler errors when trying to build the jffs2
utilities for a 2.4.17/mips target.  I've checked out the latest mtd
code according to www.linux-mtd.infradead.org, then have followed the
instructions in the mtd/util/README file (copied mtd/util contents to
directory under linux root and changed $CROSS as necessary since I'm
cross-compiling to mips).  I cd to <mips-kernel-path>/linux/utils and do
a make, but get errors immediately, which typically include the
following (depending on which util I'm trying to make)...

.../libc.so.6: undefined reference to 'no symbol'
.../mips-linux-ld: cannot find -lz

I'm really only after 'erase' and maybe 'jffs2reader' for use on my mips
embedded target; I already have mkfs.jffs2 as an x86 binary for my x86
development platform.  Any ideas, or better place for me to post this
question?

John