Question about power fail during file upgrade

Kschoo70C at netscape.net Kschoo70C at netscape.net
Thu Sep 26 04:38:47 EDT 2002

Hi,
    I need some help to understand how the JFFS2 works. If I have a version 1 of software component A on JFFS2, what happen if power failed while I am in the middle of upgrading the component A to version 2 ? The question is do I have version 1 intact or a combination of version 1 and 2 ?

Does the JFFS2 filesystem only set the inodes of a file to be valid only after a complete file is written to the flash ?
Does the old file will only be deleted only after the new file is verified to be valid ?

Thanks in advanced.

regards
choo