recommended Filesystem for DoC?

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Sun Sep 15 15:07:16 EDT 2002

On Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:51, Erich Schubert wrote:

> any recommendations for the system?
> grub or lilo? (right now i'm using grub to boot the system off a small
> partition ~8 MB)
> any good howto for installing the bootloader?

If a DOC is "just a bunch of NAND chips" then maybe YAFFS will work with DOC.
 I'd have to look at the DOC geometry to be able to tell. Right now YAFFS
wants its flash to be in pages of 512+16 with eraseable blocks being 32
pages. Nothing that can't be adjusted with a sledge hammer.

There are pros and cons to both YAFFS and JFFS2, that's why both exist.

-- CHarles