DOC 2000 and GRUB

MAL mal at komcept.com
Fri Sep 6 02:40:37 EDT 2002

I have exactly the same scenario, (same DOC size and everything).

When I boot with the firmware loaded and a HDD attached, it displays
Jumping to Grub for about 15 seconds, then finally displays the grub>
prompt. Have you tried waiting?

However, once i've got to the grub> prompt, it doesn't recognise the dc
device.

Did you run aclocal, automake and autoconf as specified in the
README_DiskOnChip in patched grub?  I overlooked it first time, (but it
still worked as far as booting grub, just couldn't find the dc0 device),
so i'm about to try it again.

If you want to boot linux from the HDD again, remove the DOC address
selection jumper for your mainboard, boot, and put it back while the
system is at it's bootloader.

MAL