48meg DOC

Henrik Nordström hno at marasystems.com
Sun Sep 1 11:05:06 EDT 2002

Great! Will try first thing on Monday. Really dislikes the current ugly
solution with one single partition and the binary m-sys driver for many
reasons.

Do I have to use the GRUB DOC firmware to support multiple partitions, or
will it also work if using the M-Sys DOS driver firmware and loading GRUB
via MBR?

Not yet sure if I will go for the GRUB firmware or booting GRUB via the
MBR and the M-Sys DOS driver, but having multiple partitions is a definite
win!

If I use the GRUB firmware, is there any difference if I install it using
the M-Sys DFORMAT utility or by using the doc_loadbios Linux command?
Would be great if DFORMAT could be used for the initial install, and
doc_loadbios for field upgrades.

Do the Linux NFTL driver support any forms of wear level hinting like the
M-Sys driver does for FAT partitions to avoid copying of unused blocks?

Regards
Henrik