check disk usage

Henrik Nordström hno at marasystems.com
Fri Oct 18 05:31:35 EDT 2002

Haven't used busybox in a while, but when using "the real thing" the
following applies, and it might apply to busybox mount as well:

This problem is caused by a /etc/mtab not beeing in synch with your actual
mounts.

There is two ways to go about this

a) Propely set up /etc/mtab when booting. This is done by when having
/etc/mtab writeable, clear it, and then redo all mounts done up to that
point by using the -f option to only update /etc/mtab.

b) Do not use a real /etc/mtab. Link it to /proc/mounts. For details and
limitations of not using a mtab see the mount(1) man page.. almost all
setups can work just fine without a real mtab.

Regards
Henrik