mtd, jffs and bootloader..

vijay vijay vijay_peshkar at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 06:55:50 EDT 2002

Hi Friends,

Looks like either they are very dumb questions or haev been
answered many many times already. Since am still unable to
find answer to my queries, am reposting..pls help me out.
Sorry for posting the querries again.

1. Can I put my bootloader in a seperate partition say mtd0 ?.
2. Since its my home built bootloader, am not sure how to tell
ffs about its location.( Will it matter?.) Am scared that the
partition table / any ffs data struct may overwrite bootloader
and if that happens, don't have any tool to reflash and bring
up the board.
3.Am unable to locate any detailed text on cramfs. Can you
suggest one?.

thanks and regards,
Vijay