Newbie question

juanba romance gallego juanbaromance at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 10 16:44:49 EDT 2002

Hello, i have a SBC called wafer5820 which already has
a DOC2000 from M-system. I am trying to detect the
chip following the howto-mtd procedure but the device
seems to be missed. I also have other DOS software
provided by M-system called dinfo.exe and all seems to
be right. it says that i have a Milenium device
plugged into the socket 0 mapped at address d6000. I
also can format the device and all the stuff. I
undertsand that the device should be detected by the
docprobe code. but /var/log/messages only says

No recognised DiskOnChip devices found
Uhmm i am using the modules provided by Mandrake-9.0
which holds a 2.4.19-9 linux kernel.

Any Hint?
Thanks in advanced

=====