Nand flash and blob

Charles Manning manningc2 at actrix.gen.nz
Mon Nov 25 14:22:33 EST 2002

There are conceptually two ways of doing this:
* Use reserved NAND blocks to store the image.
* Store the image in a NAND file system (JFFS2 or YAFFS).

The second option has various advantages in that the image can then be
transferred via file system copies. I have done this for WinCE, but other
people have done this for Linux..

Nick Bane has done some mork to transfer YAFFS images into the device under
bootloader control. See
http://www.toby-churchill.org/Distribution/distribution.html

-- CHarles