Nand flash and blob

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Mon Nov 25 12:15:45 EST 2002

On Monday 25 November 2002 17:49, Gabriel Goldstein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working on a arm based design where I have a 16MB Sandisk/Samsung
> nand flash device.  I think I have the Linux side settled buy using the
> standard MTD driver.
>
> I'm using BLOB and I'd like to know what people are doing to get the
> system loaded.  I have zImage, params, and ramdisk that I want to use my
> NAND device to store these blocks.
You will have to extend block to handle NAND. You could use the nand driver
code from mtd-cvs for this. Be aware that you have to handle bad blocks, as
your chip can have factory marked bad blocks.

On my system I have 1MB bootflash, where the bootloader, zImage and params are
stored and my root filesystem is on a JFFS2 partition on NAND. Thats the
fastest way to go along I think.

--
Thomas
linutronix - competence in embedded & realtime linux
mail: tglx at linutronix.de