cmdline.c file name collision

Hicks, Jamey Jamey.Hicks at hp.com
Wed Nov 13 10:25:44 EST 2002

hmm.  My first thought was to rename drivers/mtd/cmdline.c to drivers/mtd/mtdcmdline.c or drivers/mtd/cmdlinepart.c.

Actually, that was my second thought.  My first thought was to wonder why CONFIG_MODVERSIONS flattens the kernel source file namespace.  I just turned on CONFIG_MODVERSIONS to build an ipaq kernel, and I find I also have a name conflict on arch/arm/mach-sa1100/pm.c and kernel/pm.c.

Jamey