MTD Config.in items not escaped by bus availability

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Nov 7 10:54:33 EST 2002

On Thu, 7 November 2002 15:34:14 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
>>  Shouldn't the current mapping drivers be disabled as well, unless we
>> are dealing with hardware or mmapping host memory?
>
> Yeah. Aren't most of them arch-specific already though?

Correct. Physmap depends on gen_probe, which itself would depend on
any mapping driver. This cyclic dependency should go away, I guess,
but the idea is really nice.

>>> A better plan would be to allow the chip configuration to be enabled iff
>>> there is at least one mapping driver enabled.

How could this be done in an elegant manner? I fear something like
if [ "$CONFIG_THISMAP" = "y" -o
     "$CONFIG_THATMAP" = "y" -o
     "$CONFIG_LASTMAP" = "y" ]

Jörn