MTD Config.in items not escaped by bus availability

Brian J. Murrell ae211dd25992457126b87e47964e2ed8 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sun Nov 3 06:59:41 EST 2002

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 07:37:18PM +0100, Jörn Engel wrote:

> All right. This patch will only create the mtd devices from ram and
> block devices, unless $CONFIG_MEMORY_BUS is defined.
> Brian, can you define this option for all platforms other tham uml?
>
> Also, this might still be a little too broad for nand flash. Nand
> needs more than just a memory bus, but I don't know what exactly.
> But this should be close enough for now.

OK.  I have taken your patch and added the bits to define
CONFIG_MEMORY_BUS on existing hardware architectures in the 2.4.19
tree and sent the patch to Marcelo.  Let's see what happens.

I don't know what Marcelo's normal mode of operations is, whether he
responds to patch sumbitters with a confirmation of the patch being
applied or not (I still have not gotten response from a patch I sent a
few weeks ago doing pretty much this same thing for PC Appletalk
cards), but I guess we can just wait and see what's in 2.4.20 when
it's released.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell