can't boot with DiskOnChip2000 / nftlmount UnitSizeFactor ????

Frederic Marmond fmarmond at eprocess.fr
Wed May 29 11:53:57 EDT 2002

i made a "nftl_format /dev/mtd0 2097152", from the lastest CVS from
mtd-tool...
it works fine, and i can make a fs (ext2) on /dev/nftla1 (after, of
course having made a fdisk /dev/nftla)

but the message still remain at boot time (see it in dmesg
NFTL driver: nftlcore.c $Revision: 1.82 $, nftlmount.c $Revision: 1.25 $
Sorry, we don't support UnitSizeFactor of != 1 yet.
Could not find valid boot record
Could not mount NFTL device
)

this check is in nftlmount.c in kernel directory (drivers/mtd/nftlmount.c)
do you mean that i can comment this check?
do you know what is the risk?

Fred