how to make a bootable linux on doc millennium

cytang cytang_cn at yahoo.com.cn
Wed May 22 07:31:47 EDT 2002

After half day's effort, I finally make my doc
millennium recognized in new kernel .
Then I want to make it a mini bootable system .
But I am a newbie ,not familiar with this .
I know here somebody must have experience with it. So
I wanna get your help.
  my aim is just to build a mini system which can boot
off my doc . I dont know whether 8M space of Doc  is
enough . How can I make such a small system ,and can
boot form doc?
 sorry for my awful english because it's not my native language.