FAT for NAND Flash

Paul paul at oz.net
Thu May 16 16:34:29 EDT 2002

Thank you for your reply, David.

Perhaps I used the wrong terminology when I said "FAT12 translation",
but doesn't the firmware on a USB SmartMedia reader have to be able to
parse the SSFDC Physical Format Specification, such as the CIS (Card
Information Structure)?  This is the part that seems to be missing
in sddr09.c, and the upper level stuff (e.g. fs/fat/inode.c) only handles
pure FAT12.  In that case, sddr09.c isn't as useful to us as previously
suggested.

Thank you for your patience. :)

-- Paul