Filesystem Driver Panic

Matt Cochran matthewcochran at yahoo.com
Tue May 7 21:56:02 EDT 2002

I've been developing a system using kernel 2.4.18 and
the MTD drivers packaged with it on a system with a
Millenium DOC. I've enabled read-write support and can
successfully read the test VFAT filesystem on the DOC.
However, after multiple writes, approximately 6, I get
a "filesystem panic" from the kernel, and the device
is remounted read-only.

During the course of this, I've run nftl_format, tried
several filesystems, and repeated this on two systems
with identical hardware. Has anyone reported or
experienced the same kind of issues?