Latest CVS and 2.2.x

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue May 7 11:55:17 EDT 2002

elf at buici.com said:

>   The first problem was that the spinlock types were defined twice
>   incompatibly.  In compactmac.h, the inclusion of linux/spinlock.h at
>   line 362 pulls the file from /usr/include instead of the linux source
>   tree version.  Changing this include to asm/spinlock.h eliminated the
>   problem, though I'm not confident that this is the right way to fix
>   it.

That's very broken. Are you sure that include/linux/spinlock.h exists in
your 2.2 kernel tree?

>   Then, the pci.c driver in mtd/maps failed to build, but for a reason I
>   couldn't deduce.  The compiler complains that the ioremap_noncache
>   symbol is missing.

That's probably been introduced since 2.2. Add something like...

	#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE < KERNEL_VERSION(2,4,0)
	#define ioremap_noncache ioremap
	#endif

... to compatmac.h and then if it works, send me the diff.

--
dwmw2