JFFS2 NAND flash support

John Hall John.Hall at optionexist.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 12:23:10 EST 2002

On 27 March 2002 18:16 Thomas Gleixner <gleixner at autronix.de> wrote:

> > The jffs2 stuff in my kernel sources doesn't seem very up to date so
> > I've got the latest CVS stuff. Which branch of cvs do I need to use?
> > Should I update the whole of the mtd subsystem or can I just use the
> > updated jffs2 stuff?

> The current developer branch. Take care there were a lot of changes in
> nand.c and hardware driver files. See nand.c / autcpu12.c

I've tried compiling the latest stuff on the CVS trunk, but cannot get
JFFS2 to work. I've compiled it as a module, but when I try to load it I
get a whole load of messages about missing zlib_ symbols:

e.g.
/lib/modules/2.4.17-rmk5/kernel/fs/jffs2/jffs2.o: unresolved symbol
zlib_inflate

I'm guessing that the zlib code has been moved recently so it can be
shared across several modules in the kernel. I am using 2.4.17; what is
the best thing for me to do?

Regards,
John Hall