probing two non-contiguous cfi flash and a single partition

Sanjay Kumar sankumar73 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 27 04:57:56 EST 2002

Hi David,
I need to use two flash chips(Both AMD CFI flash and each of 4MB size)
with the following mapping configuration -

1. starts at 0xbfa00000 and is of size 4MB
2. starts at 0xbfc00000 and is of 4MB size

Previously I was having only one flash starting at 0xbfc00000
with two partition, first 640k for bootloader and the rest for JFFS2
and is working fine for me.

Now still I want to have only two partition; the 640k at the address
0xbfc00000 for bootloader in first partition and remaining for JFFS2 in
second partition. It means I need the following partition
memory mapping -
4MB starting at 0xbfa00000 for JFFS2 -  second partition
fisrt 640kB at 0xbfc00000 for bootloader - First Partition for bootlaoder
remaining out of 4MB at 0xbfc00000 for JFFS2 - second partition

So I need suggestions about how to probe the two flash and make the partition
as per my requirements.
I am using linux2.4.2. and MIPS processor.

Thanks & Regards,
Sanjay

I don't know how to probe the two devices and