How to protect DoC 2000 from power fail?

Wil Taphoorn wil at wtms.nl
Mon Mar 18 08:54:16 EST 2002

Cfowler wrote:

> Wil Taphoorn wrote:
> > I am looking for some rigid means of power fail protection
> > for a DoC 2000 based embedded system. [..snip..]
>
> I do not use a journalling file system.  I load a ext2 fs into memory from a
> raw file on DOC2000.  If you loose power then you just reboot.  No loss of
> data.  Of course only config changes not the root fs.  I store config in a
> shared memory sgement.  I only write it to DOC when the user issues the
> 'save' command.

Thanks for you input, Chris, but I can not use that scenario. The system has to
save not only run-time information but also system update files received from
the network like data, drivers and even the kernel itself.

I think I first have to read (and re-read) David's contribution on the subject.

Thanks,
Wil