Compressed root FS & DoC partition

Dzuy Nguyen dzuy at infinity-studios.com
Fri Mar 8 17:08:39 EST 2002

I don't want to store the compressed root FS on a formatted (ext2)
partition.  The idea is to make the OS
parts that are not changing (/, /usr) "less" accessible (in flash
memory), load and run it in memory,
and store the system's config (/etc) and logging (/var) on an ext2 so
all writing to it will be saved.

I can dformat half of the DoC but when I mke2fs it, the nftl driver
complains.  I can use nftl_format
portion of the DoC and mke2fs OK.  Problem is I can't make it bootable
like dformat does, so I'll try
grub to boot instead of LILO.