How to Clean bad Grubfirmware off DOC?

Peter Keel grubby at discordia.ch
Fri Jun 28 12:40:42 EDT 2002

How funny. I did the same and now have the same problem.

* on the Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 05:43:57PM +0800, g_friend at etang.com wrote:
> I have put a grub_firmware on my doc2000. It can drop me grub console
> mode but it cannot find any filesystem ,even filesystem on my harddisk.
> I have tried to use root(dc0,0) ,root(hd0,0),root(hd0,1)etc ,but it
> had no effect. It find nothing yet.

I even tried to load a kernel by giving grub the blocks to boot it
from, but no success so far. It can read the partition-table, but
not the filesystem.

> Then I face a serious situation.----How can I save my DOC ?
> How can I clean the bad grub off my doc?
> Before I put grub_firmware onto my DOC, I can boot from my harddisk ,
> floppy with DOC in place.However, after that , with DOC in place ,I
> even cannot boot from my floppy . It always give me grub boot.

Ok. I havent tried booting from floppy so far, but this tells me
I don't even have to try.

> If I  pull out it from my board , the system boot from my hard disk
> or floppy as usually.

Nice to know.

Peter
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin