Trying to boot linux off a 2MiB M-Sys DoC2000 chip

Gonzalo Servat gonzalo at linuxaus.com
Sun Jun 23 22:19:49 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 11:16, Ilguiz Latypov wrote:

> Gonzalo,
>
> Did you see the recent instruction on applying the MTD DiskOnChip patch
> to GRUB?  It's in
>
>     http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-mtd/2002-June/005240.html

Ah, great. Thanks for that!

I followed the instructions and as I was trying to compile grub-0.92, in
the stage2 directory it gave me lots of 'overriding old commands for
target xxxxxxxxxxx' and 'ignorning old commands for target
xxxxxxxxxxxxx'

where xxxxxxxxxx was for example: nbloader.exec, pxeloader.exe,
diskless.exec, etc.

After all those errors I got a lot of "undefined reference to terminal"
and "undefined reference to debug" and a few other undefined references
and after an undef reference to 'chain_stage2' it exited and didn't
finish compiling. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Gonzalo.