doc2000 nftl[abcd] devices

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Jun 20 20:53:58 EDT 2002

brendan.simon at ctam.com.au said:
> I'm getting ENODEV.  It seems that the NFTLs[] array doesn't have the
> appropriate information.  How is this setup ?  I'm using modules so is
>  it initialised so I assume it's initialised when I do an "insmod
> nftl".
>  Which routine scans the DOC2000 for NFTL devices and initialises the
> NFTLs[] array.

NFTL_setup() from nftlcore.c and NFTL_mount() from nftlmount.c.

Looking at them more closely, I see that I was mistaken -- we _don't_
continue the scan after finding the first NFTL on the device. Patching
NFTL_mount() and find_boot_record() to take a 'start' argument for where to
start scanning is simple enough -- you just need to fix NFTL_setup() to
loop till NFTL_mount() stops working.

--
dwmw2