DOC boot prob,making rum 4 GRUB

xyz xyz watsup at linuxmail.org
Tue Jun 18 07:21:17 EDT 2002

hi all,
   i m trying to boot DOC using GRUB on linux
the prob is i have patched grub with DOC-2002 patch also but its not recognising

i have learnt from the list that we need to make room for GRUB on DOC ,how do i do that,david suggested to use DFORMAT,can any1 give me the exact cmd to do that?
i dont want to use ntfl_format due to poor block handling

also tell me the steps in order to get DOC booting
plz tell me if i m wrong,after making room for grub on DOC ,we will put filesys on DOC ,but how do i know where exactly to start my nftl parttion and how to do that.

plz advice
TIA