jffs2_scan_eraseblock() - errors

Curtis, Allen Allen.Curtis at Thales-IFS.com
Tue Jul 30 19:59:12 EDT 2002

> the root inode, which is obviously a bug. In that case, we
> just delete the
> offending directory and all its children. I suppose we should really
> re-link it to /lost+found instead :)

Yes, disappearing files could be annoying.

Has anyone characterized the performance of the JFFS* file-systems over
time? Our initial tests indicated that JFFS2 was faster than JFFS. After
using the JFFS2 file-system and maintaining a relatively consistent
utilization there was a 4X increase in the time required to complete a mount
operation. Is this expected? Is there a worse case? See below for some
measurements.

JFFS/JFFS2 Mount Performance (38% usage, fresh install):
JFFS	real	16.164
	user	 0.01
	sys	16.14
JFFS2	real	6.47