more DOC questions

dtyree dtyree7 at cox.net
Tue Jul 16 19:02:35 EDT 2002

   I realize most DOC questions been beaten to death, but I haven't seen
a recent update or sufficient answers, so here it goes again.   How can
I put  multiple JFF2 filesystems on a disk on chip (nftl or mtd)?
   I agree with dwmw2's analysis of flash filesystems. In a june 2002
email to Brendan Simon, David Woodhouse said:
   "Recently, JFFS2 has also had support added for NAND flash, and that
should be about ready for use now. I'd want to spend three or four weeks
on it before letting a customer have it (and as ever I wish somebody
would just give my masters enough money to let me do that...:) There are
some rough edges and it needs a lot more testing, but it's basically
working already.We may need to fix the physical DiskOnChip driver to
accept reads which aren't precisely 512 bytes long, if nobody's done so
already -- but that should be simple enough."

  Ok then, where can I get this cut 'o code? Wil/Is this work(ing)
through the MTD device or the NFTL? I wish I had the clout to get my
company to pay DMW2 to do it, but they won't even spring for nor flash
(not even More flash).

 My device has obscene application requirements. I need a compressed
filesystem.

  I can see the eraseall and nftl_format utilities need to be more M-sys
like. I may be able to help with this.

Dtyree