mmap question

Frederic Gobry frederic.gobry at smartdata.ch
Thu Jul 11 12:19:10 EDT 2002

Hi,

I don't despair having an answer to at least one of my questions :-)

I implemented mmap on a mtd device (via a simple remap_page_range). I
have a userland program that opens and mmap a mtd device with success,
and can read-access it correctly. But once I perform a MEMERASE ioctl
or a simple write, the process only reads series of 0x80 bytes. If I
restart the process, it continues reading this value (even before any
erase/write operation) unless I reboot.

Do anybody have a clue about this behavior ?

My setup: ARM process (OMAP1510 board),  MTD device uses cfi_probe

Thanks in advance,
Frédéric

--
Frédéric Gobry    SMARTDATA