open question on flash speed/app blocking

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Jan 15 13:44:03 EST 2002

I've noticed that when I write to a file on my DOC2000 that they bus
does not block until the bufffers are flushd.  My flashing program
issues a sync() before unmounting the flash.  I even write a 21kb
config to a raw partition.  That can take a while too.    I'm not sure
if there is a way around this.  On the DOC2000 you need to use at least
a block size of 4096.  Since the M-SYS driver reads and writes in those
block sizes.  Maybe some other people here can talk about this subject.

Chris