Weird status information on JFFS2 File System

Navin Boppuri navin.boppuri at newisys.com
Fri Feb 15 11:45:30 EST 2002

I have two uniform sector (64K each 16 bit) Flash devices connected to a 32 bit bus. So, my sector size is actually 128K. For a 1MB file system, what should be the optimal size of the reserved space for garbage collection? I only have 8 sectors for 1MB out of which 5 sectors are already being taken up by GC. Do I really need 5*128K GC area for 3*128K available space left on the flash?

Thanks a lot.

Navin.