slram and buffer cache

Jochen Schaeuble psionic at psionic.de
Thu Dec 12 15:28:14 EST 2002

Hi,
I haven't used mtdblock for a while now so I'm not absolutely sure if
this is correct. The "cache_size" of the mtdblock driver is initialized
with the erasesize specified in the slram driver (0x10000 if you haven't
changed anything). If you want uncached operation you should set this
value to
(*curmtd)->mtdinfo->erasesize = 0x0; (slram.c line 180).
I had no time to check this but from reading the source I think this is
correct. Please let me know if this works for you. If so it might be a
good idea to make this size configurable.

Greets,
  Jochen