EP7312 can't use 32MB DRAM (fwd)

shadow saturn at structure.biochem.nchu.edu.tw
Mon Dec 9 15:20:55 EST 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 23:29:19 +0800 (CST)
From: shadow <saturn at structure.biochem.nchu.edu.tw>
To: PA Nilsson <pa at glaze.se>
Subject: RE: EP7312 can't use 32MB DRAM

Thanks for your suggestion.
I had modified my source code but still can not work.
 mi->bank[0].start = 0xc0000000;
 mi->bank[0].size = 32*1024*1024;
 mi->bank[0].node = 0;
 mi->nr_banks = 1;

I also rewrited my bootloader(hermit), in the linux.c, I specified
page_size, page_number, page_number_in_bank.

	/* system page size */
        ps->u1.s.page_size = 0x1000;
	/* number of pages in all banks */
	ps->u1.s.nr_pages = 8192;
	/* pages per bank */
	ps->u1.s.pages_in_bank[0] = 8192;

In hermit's boot.S, I reconfigured the SDRAM size, 32MB.

	mov r1, #0x42 		/* 32MB */
        add r1, r1, #0x0500
        mov r2, #0x2300
        add r2, r2, r0
        str r1, [r2]

        mov r1, #0x240                  /* 36MHz SDRAM refresh period */
        mov r2, #0x2340
        add r2, r2, r0
        str r1, [r2]

I wonder the above initial code of SDRAM, if it is also needed by linux
kernel's boot.S or it only needed to executed once at the bootloader ?

Sadly, it still can not work after the above course.

Thanks in advance,
Brian