How to access cfi_intelext_read_fact_prot_reg

Stefan Thomasson stefan.thomasson at possio.com
Mon Dec 2 13:06:24 EST 2002

Hi,

I am having trouble using cfi_intelext_read_fact_prot_reg

So far the only thing I have succeeded to do is getting a
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
00000040.

This occurs  as far as I can tell when the function
tries to setup map, cfi or cfi_pri_intelext.
mtd->priv seem to be uninitialized and this will result in the NULL ptr.

So, the question is where is mtd->priv setup?

I have tried to follow how its done when erasing a block in mtdchar
ioctl without success.

In mtd_ioctl
printk(KERN_NOTICE "mtd  = %p .\n",mtd );
printk(KERN_NOTICE "priv  = %p .\n",mtd->priv );

Results in
mtd  = c0467260 .
priv  = 00000000 .

and later on in cfi_intelext_erase_varsize

printk(KERN_NOTICE "MMmtd  = %x .\n",mtd );
printk(KERN_NOTICE "MMpriv  = %x .\n",mtd->priv );
 MMmtd  = c0467060 .
 MMpriv  = c036b738 .

Running 2.4.18-rmk5-pxa1.

Regards