[patch] Re: the latest MTD code from CVS has compilation errors

Henrik Nordstrom hno at marasystems.com
Thu Aug 29 04:55:16 EDT 2002

I have the same problem with 2.4.18. See post a few days ago about
DOC2000.

A closer look at the problem inticates the problem is not the CVS
sources but the patchin.sh script used to apply them to the kernel
tree. It does not apply the new jffs2 sources to the kernel tree,
crashing the old jffs2 code by replacing mtd headers..

However, applying the new code to stock 2.4.18 does not work either
due to a missing include/linux/crc32.h (is in fs/jffs2/crc32.h)

Attached is a small patch to the patchin.sh script to have the new
jffs2 code applied to the kernel tree.

Regards
Henrik