How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Aug 20 06:21:05 EDT 2002

ch at murgatroid.com said:
>  Do you need to unlock your flash before you can write to it?  That's
> not done automatically by mtd or jffs2.  There's a diff in the ARM
> patch system by me that might be applicable.

I'm beginning to wonder if we should make JFFS2 unlock automatically if it
finds at least some JFFS2 nodes. Or put in the 'is_flash_locked' method and
make JFFS2 notice that it's locked _before_ trying to write to it, and
print an appropriate message and mount in read-only mode so it doesn't even
let you _try_ to write to it.

--
dwmw2