How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Tue Aug 20 06:10:20 EDT 2002

On Mon, 19 August 2002 17:01:17 -0700, Conn Clark wrote:
> Jörn Engel wrote:
> > On Mon, 19 August 2002 10:34:23 -0700, Conn Clark wrote:
> > >       How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?
> > > After a reboot I can mount my jffs2 and read from it, but not write to it
> > > I can erase it first and mount it then read and write to it , but then I
> > > lose my info on it which defeats the whole reason for having it.
> >
> > 1) Append "rw" to kernel command line.
> > 2) mount / -o remount,rw
>
> 	Didn't work, I get the same message. Did I do it right?
>
> [/gpig]# cd ..
> [/]# mount /gpig -o remount,rw
> [/]# cd gpig
> [/gpig]# cp ../bin/MAKEDEV .
> Write of 68 bytes at 0x00059a28 failed. returned 0, retlen 0
> Not marking the space at 0x00059a28 as dirty because the flash driver returned r
> etlen zero
> cp: ./MAKEDEV: Input/output error
> [/gpig]#

Maybe. If the locking hint from Christopher doesn't work either, we
need more information:
- Number, size and type of flash chips
- output from mount
- kernel version plus applied patches
- ...

Without knowing whether /gpid is the mounted partition in question or
not, my best answer is maybe. :)

Jörn

--
The competent programmer is fully aware of the strictly limited size of
his own skull; therefore he approaches the programming task in full