How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?

Conn Clark clark at esteem.com
Mon Aug 19 20:01:17 EDT 2002

Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Mon, 19 August 2002 10:34:23 -0700, Conn Clark wrote:
> >       How does one mount an existing jffs2 partition so it is writeable?
> > After a reboot I can mount my jffs2 and read from it, but not write to it
> > I can erase it first and mount it then read and write to it , but then I
> > lose my info on it which defeats the whole reason for having it.
>
> 1) Append "rw" to kernel command line.
> 2) mount / -o remount,rw
>
> Jörn
>
> --
> Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.
> -- Albert Einstein

	Didn't work, I get the same message. Did I do it right?

[/gpig]# cd ..
[/]# mount /gpig -o remount,rw
[/]# cd gpig
[/gpig]# cp ../bin/MAKEDEV .
Write of 68 bytes at 0x00059a28 failed. returned 0, retlen 0
Not marking the space at 0x00059a28 as dirty because the flash driver returned r
etlen zero
cp: ./MAKEDEV: Input/output error
[/gpig]#

  If you live at home long enough, your parents will move out.
 (Warning they may try to sell their house out from under you.)

Conn Clark
Engineering Stooge				clark at esteem.com
Electronic Systems Technology Inc.		www.esteem.com

Stock Ticker Symbol				ELST

"clark at esteem.com" Copyright 2000 By Electronic Systems Technology
 This email address may be used to communicate to Conn Clark
 provided it is not being used for advertisement purposes, unless
 prior written consent is given. This email address may not be
 sold under any circumstances. All other rights reserved.