how to mount a root filesystem stored on MTD device?

Xiaogeng (Shawn) Jin xjin at redswitch.com
Mon Aug 12 23:49:02 EDT 2002

I've read the MTD/JFFS howto but still cannot get it. Right now I've
been able to enable MTD devices and mount jffs2. I set bootargs to
'root=/dev/mtdblock0' on PPCBoot and use tftpboot to boot the kernel via
network. But the boot process doesn't succeed due to unability to mount
root filesystem.

Here is the message showing that mtd devices have been found.