NAND Configuration

Steve Tsai startec at ms11.hinet.net
Wed Aug 7 05:08:16 EDT 2002

> > I read it many time, but CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND use to take care
> > buffering and OOB . Does I have to use it absolutely? If I
> do not use
> > it, what's the result of the driver?
> Yes, you _HAVE_ _ABSOLUTELY_ to use it !
> IF not, no buffering and OOB check, no bad block management
> ..--> no JFFS2 on NAND.

JFFS2 on NOR type flash does not use buffering, OOB check and bad block
management, but it can be used now. I meant that CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_NAND is
not defined, maybe the driver still can work, but it is not good as the
original one.

> > We need more info from mount onwards.
> >
> > Maybe I do not provide repeatable messages and steps. The following
> > are the steps I use.
> > 1. eraseall /dev/mtd1
> > 2. mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock1 /mnt
> > 3. Make directory to /mnt
> > 4. Use ftp to copy files to /mnt
> > 5. Change the kernel to to mount /dev/mtdblock1 as root FS.
> 6. Copy or
> > delete files and sometime the message display
> > 	ARGH. About to write node to 0x003f9e2c on flash, but
> there are data
> > already the re:...
> >     After that, the patition will display more error messages, ECC
> > error and others.
>
> I meant, could you get full logs with CONFIG_JFFS2_FS_DEBUG=1
> from mounting the file system to the ARGH? Make sure you are
> logging over a serial console so you catch _ALL_ the
> messages, and remember they're at level KERN_DEBUG so echo 9
> > /proc/sys/kernel/printk before mount.

OK. I log the file. I have two files, one is logging the process to
build the file system, anothor is logging the process of file operation.
The attached file is the second file. Thanks.

Steve Tsai