write suspend and/or erase suspend

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Fri Aug 2 05:42:43 EDT 2002

Joakim.Tjernlund at lumentis.se said:
>  Yes, it's silly but can it happen by mistake? The flash state machine
> may be  confused if an access is made during suspend.

You'll get a buffer full of status bits, I expect. Doesn't matter -- the
contents of the block at that time are undefined because they're in the
middle of an erase.

> hmm, my modified driver also supports "suspend erase to do a write".
> Could that be a problem?

Again, only if someone's trying to write to a block they're currently
trying to erase -- which they shouldn't be doing.

We _should_ be checking for these things in the driver, and we _definitely_
have to do so before start suspending writes to perform reads. But at the
moment, the only way a user could trigger wrong behaviour is if they're
doing something bloody stupid anyway.

--
dwmw2