What is smallest JFFS2 size (#blocks)

Jörn Engel joern at wohnheim.fh-wedel.de
Thu Apr 11 07:29:04 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 April 2002 08:54:05 -0500, Derek Ross wrote:
> We plan to use JFFS2 to store several
> text configuration files, but we don't
> expect the total size of the files to
> be more than 10k or so.
>
> What is the smallest possible size
> for a JFFS2 file system, in number
> of blocks? I'm sure it's at least 2...

joern at dublin:/usr/src/linux/fs/jffs2> grep "#define" *.h
nodelist.h:#define ALLOC_GC     2       /* Space requested for GC. Give it or die */
nodelist.h:#define JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE 3

Looks like 6 is the correct answer. But you can reduce
JFFS2_RESERVED_BLOCKS_BASE down to 0 - at your own risk of course.

Jörn

--
Smart data structures and dumb code works a lot better than the other
way around.